4/10/08

Reflection


When I read all the blogs that I have written the only thing that came to mind is…..WOW!!!! To be honest I have always done something, even if it was something really small, for the environment. Things like recycling or trying not to liter, is one of the reasons why I don’t like to drive I rather use a bike or walk besides the fact that is good for you. However now that I think about it….this is kind of funny……consider this …..we, or at least most of us, think that walking, running, riding a bike is good for your health. Yea precise really healthy but what about the fact that we are polluting the air that we are breathing when we are doing all this “healthy exercises” or even when we are not. The amazing thing is that before this class I didn’t see this. I knew that we are killing ourselves softly by destroying our environment but I didn’t think that many of the simple things that we do everyday without thinking are the problem. At the same time now it bothers me even more than before the fact that most people say there is nothing we can do, or know that something is wrong and that something needs to be done but don’t do anything. For this reason I really enjoy blogger, because even though I thought at first that I wasn’t going to like it, I found a lot of people that are showing the world (the rest of us) that something can be done and that is not really necessary, even though it would be better, to work together. One person can actually change the world and that is what many of us need to hear.

**** Watch this video......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your blog this week. It says exactly what needs to be said. One person can make a difference. Don't worry about what the next person it doing, just do your part. Hopefully by doing that, it will encourage the many others to follow in your footsteps.

Keep up the good work.

lisa said...

What your saying is true because you have to lead by example. Your example wil inspire others to want to change. Even if it doesn't you are helping the environment and you can go to sleep knowing that the little bit you have done has been positive and has helped on some level. This whole movement on going green was started by a selective few and now look at how many people have jumped on board.keep on moving foward

Debbie said...

this blog is so inspiring. i love the pocture also. Yes everyone on the earth is liable for whats going on, however with some help we all can change the way things are to the way things should be. it will require disapline and patience. if we all pull together we as hhumans can make it happen.

*Ms. Nisha* said...

Yes,I think it's a shame that this crisis is so deep it will definately take strong efforts, dedication and team work to make a change. I think it's hard to get people to know that if we work together things can be different. It also frustrates me that too mant of us see that there is a serious problem but we still take on the attitude "Oh well, there's nothing we can do about it"