3/26/08

My Passion....My Journey!!!!

To be honest for me is simple to answer the question of what is my passion. Everything that I do is part of my passion. I do everything with passion. Does that make sense? I love helping others and I try to do it as much as I can. I am usually the one that many of my friends choose to come to for an advice or a shoulder to cry, but do not get me wrong I am not complaining….trust me I love it…and I enjoy it. Well after all everything that I do in regular daily basis leads to my most important passion…which is the reason why I am in college my chosen career….psychology.


When I was around eight or nine my aunt who is a children psychologist took me to her office. I spend the whole day with her and this day; it took only one day, to change my idea of what I wanted to be when I grow up. That day I decided to become a psychologist. Everything that I did in Junior High School, in High School, and now in College is to become a psychologist. All the classes that I have taken for over five years or so are related to psychology.



Going back to that particular day that change my mind, when I was in that office I saw so many children that came with sadness, frustration, depression. However when they left the office after talking to my aunt they looked, to me, better and a little more happy then when they came in. At that moment, I said to myself I want to give happiness to people. From that day forward I followed my aunt everywhere she went, since she use to work as a social worker at the same time, even though I was young she asked permission to take me to see different children that she was helping. We went to different houses, and seriously, I never thought a child could suffer so much. Therefore after seeing so much suffer on those kids I started appreciating more what I had and established a goal for myself….help children and families in need. This is how I decided to become a family and children psychologists.



I know that I am only one person but to be honest I think that I could make the world a better place maybe not environmentally but I could help many children in need. To be honest it makes me sad to know that many parents, now a day, do not have time for their children or do not even care about them. It hurts me to see a person abusing an innocent child and I want to do everything I can to change this. However, this does not mean that I do not care for the environment, is obvious that if I want a better world for children, I want to protect the environment they will be living in.


I know that many people think that one person cannot make a difference but this are a couple of sites that will help:



**This site shows that there is people that care and do something or at least try....


**This site is just a way to show that one person can make a difference



**Ways in which we can help the environment











No comments: